What are you searching for?
Today, right now, what’s on your heart? What’s making you surf the internet, browsing one Pinterest idea after another, scrolling through an endless Facebook feed, clicking through those mindless Buzzfeed surveys?
“I’m just bored,” I tell myself when I do those things. But really, there’s something more, something deeper, a restlessness that keeps me blinded to the One Thing that cures my boredom and refreshes my soul.
What I’m really searching for is green pastures, a quiet place of security and comfort, where all is well in the world and with me.
We’re all searching for something, most every day.
But do we find what we’re looking for?
I’m reminded of this verse where Jesus promises,
Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
Good pastures. Green pastures and quiet waters. That sounds just wonderful.
I don’t know about you, but I want less of the social media craze and more of the Good Shepherd’s pastures.
If you want that too, join me in spending a few moments with Jesus. Consider using the verse above as a pathway into His presence:
- Thank Him for being the Gate, for opening the way to the Father by His sacrifice on the cross. Dwell on what He did there for us, and let your heart pour out praise.
- Imagine yourself walking through the Gate. Leave behind the worries and distractions, and step onto the other side.
- Take this time to confess anything that’s kept you from Him.
- Celebrate God’s forgiveness and salvation. Praise Him for His faithfulness and how He welcomes you home every single time.
- Step into the green pastures of God’s presence, and rest there. Let your heart be filled with His love and holiness, and there find everything you’ve been searching for.
Whatever your day’s looked like up to this point, whatever you were doing five minutes ago, just stop and take just a few minutes to walk through that Gate into the green pastures of God’s presence.
You’ll be glad you did. And you’ll make His heart glad too.
Linking up with the sweet ladies at Five Minute Friday. Would you like to join us?