We help overwhelmed women
FIND JOY IN JESUS
through consistent and creative time in His Word.
If you’re like most of my readers,
you’re a woman who loves God.
But you’re overwhelmed by ALL. THE. THINGS. Laundry. Homework. Church events. Healthy eating. Spring cleaning. Couponing. Losing weight. Add to that the lengthy list of spiritual do’s and don’ts and all the ways you fall short… it’s enough to make you want to crawl under the covers and not come out until kingdom come.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by everything you need to do to please God and others?a
- Do you struggle to find time to read the Bible and pray?
- Do you worry you’re wasting your life on things that don’t really matter?
I Know How You Feel
Hi, I’m Asheritah, author, speaker, and founder of One Thing Alone Ministries. As a wife and mama to three little kids, I rarely fit in an hour of Quiet Time each day. But there is hope. Because Jesus welcomes us into His presence even during the busy seasons of life.
He says, “Come to Me all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matt 11:28
We might not fit in a 60-minute Bible study every day, but we can fill our hearts and minds with His Word, even in the 60 seconds we spend behind the bathroom door.
That’s His invitation to us: no guilt, no condemnation, just joy in the journey with Jesus.
What we believe
We accept the Scriptures as our authority in matters of faith and practice, and adopt the following Doctrinal Statement as our interpretation of Bible doctrine.
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one, co- equal, which is the Trinity.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, one of the three persons of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the life of every believer, and he empowers the preaching and teaching of the gospel.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word, and deed.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in him are justified on the ground of his shed blood.
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, his ascension into heaven and his present life there as High Priest and Advocate for all believers.
8. We believe in that “blessed hope,” the personal, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
9. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby they become children of God, and heirs of eternal life. This is a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the un- just, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost, and the felicity of the saved, which demand heaven and hell.
11. We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who receive not Christ as their Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
12. We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the gospel to all the world with its endeavors being supported by the freewill gifts and offerings of the people.
13. We believe that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism (by immersion following conversion) and the Lord’s Table (communion).
What This Place Is All About
We do this by providing everyday ideas and easy-to-use tools for all aspects of your spiritual growth—from Bible study, prayer, and worship to discovering your unique worship personality type and kick-starting your Quiet Time habit!
Quiet Time Habits
Turn OTA tips and advice into action. Our exclusive myOneThingAlone journal is the perfect tool to guide you through your daily Quiet Time.
Our eCourses and video collections have helped thousands of women grow deeper with Jesus. Find other books, inspirational items, and more.