If you’re ready to boost your Thanksgiving thankfulness this year, the 30 Days of Thanks challenge is for you!
Right around this time of year, our Facebook feeds get flooded with updates and photos of things our friends are grateful for. And it’s only natural: November is a beautiful reminder to look back on the previous year and recount just how much the Father has given us.
But what if this year we took our thankfulness to the next level? What if we went from simply posting photos of stuff to actually impacting people’s lives with our gratitude?
“How can I do that?” you ask.
Simple. After thanking God for whatever it is you’re grateful for, take 2 seconds and thank the person who made it possible. Because while all good and perfect gifts come from the Father of lights, those blessings usually come through the wonderful people in our lives.
So this month, I encourage you to take your Thanksgiving thankfulness one step further. After we say “thank You” to God, let’s also turn to the person next to us and say “thank you” to them as well.
- The meal in front of you? Write a quick thank-you note to the person who made it.
- Your paycheck? Thank your employer for giving you a job.
- A quiet Sunday morning of worship? Thank the nursery workers who watch all the kids.
At first, this may seem strange, but imagine what a beautiful difference you would make in the lives of people around you if you intentionally thanked them every day. Because thankfulness multiplies and sends more thanksgivings to the throneroom of God when we share our gratitude with others.
Let’s thank God first, and then let’s thank the conduits of His blessings.
Every day from November 1 to November 30, I’ll post a daily prompt on Facebook (follow OneThingAlone here) encouraging you to thank one person each day. I’d love for you to join the challenge and spread the love, too (make sure you include #30DaysOfThanks so we can share your daily thanks, too)! You can also download these #30daysofthanks prompt calendars I put together. They’ll help you thank some people you haven’t thought of in a long time!
Who will you say “thank you” to this month?
Join the 30 Days of Thanks challenge here and start a thanks-giving revolution in your neighborhood!
FREE 6-week eCourse: Quiet Time for Busy Women
This is a 6-week eCourse designed to fit your busy life and help you:
- develop a daily devotions habit in just 6 weeks
- grow deeper in your relationship with God in just 15 minutes a day
- find motivation on the days you can’t press on
- embrace creative ways to experience God in this season of life with fun daily assignments
- discover joy, peace, and energy to fulfill your God-given calling