October is National Pastor Appreciation Month. If you’re like me, you have every good intention of thanking your pastor but you tell yourself you’ll get to it “later.”
Well, ladies, today is “later.” October is almost over, and I don’t want to miss the chance (not that I can’t thank my pastor year-round, but sometimes a deadline helps me actually do the task). Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
1. Written word. Write your pastor a thank-you note.
2. Original art. Ask your children (or grandchildren, nieces or nephews) to draw their pastor a picture. This is sure to bring a smile to his face and also instills in the young ones the importance of showing gratitude.
3. Token gift. What’s your pastor’s favorite candy, snack, or coffee creamer? Put together a small care-package to show him love in a practical (and yummy!) way.
4. Flooded with thanks. If you’re feeling adventurous, distribute several stamped envelops addressed to the pastor among your Sunday School group or friends. Invite them to write him a note of encouragement and flood him with support.
5. Coordinate a night out. Gift your pastor a giftcard to a restaurant and offer to baby-sit his children while he and his wife go out. They’ll appreciate the time alone and you’ll get to create relationships with the kids.
The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.
~ 1 Timothy 5:17
What about you? What are you doing to encourage your pastor this month? Let me know in the comments below!
Experience Christmas like never before
Receive a FREE 3-Day Sampler of Unwrapping the Names of Jesus - Advent Devotional