If you’re looking ways to increase intimacy in your relationship with God or your marriage, today’s video is for you!
We’ve been talking here recently about growing in intimacy, and in today’s Author Chat Jennifer Smith (of UnveiledWife.com) and I delve deep into that topic, from what it means to be an unveiled wife, to how we can overcome past hurts and failures, to living in complete transparency before God and our husbands.
Grab a pair of earphones and join us today as we find joy in Jesus in relationships.
If the video player above doesn’t work for you, click here to watch the video on YouTube.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from this interview:
- I wasn’t as intimate with God as I wanted to be. So I asked God to help me know Him and be known by Him… and God answered!
- A change happened when I began letting God into the deep places of my heart and letting those walls down.
- Talk to God about your emotions–all of them. Offer your heart to God, just as you are, but give it to Him entirely.
- Give God not just your present, but also allow your past to come to the surface to be touched by Him.
- By building intimacy with God, we’re also deepening intimacy with our husbands as well. God created us, so as we draw closer to the One who created our husbands, we’ll get greater understanding and love for them.
As Jen explains in the video, the concept of living an unveiled life come from 2 Corinthians 3:18:
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Don’t you just love that idea? Of living an unveiled life to reveal God’s glory to those around us? I want that!! And I’m so glad Jen took some time to share how she grew from a lukewarm Christian to a woman completely transparent before God and her husband.
If you haven’t yet bought a copy of her book, I highly recommend it. You can watch a quick 2-minute video review I did of the book earlier this spring here. And you can get The Unveiled Wife through my affiliate link here.
Jennifer Smith began UnveiledWife.com in March 2011. She publishes weekly marriage articles including encouragements, devotions, and prayers of the day. She authored The Unveiled Wife, Wife After God, and 31 Prayers For My Husband. She is passionately devoted to encouraging wives all around the world to develop God-centered marriages. Jennifer and her family reside in Central Oregon.