We’re all looking for happiness in life. You’ve probably seen commercials that show priceless tender moments in life. But tied to those same commercials is the underlying message that if only we had more, bought more, travelled more, we would be happier. (How ironic!)
We get caught up in this cycle of consumerism especially at the holidays because, let’s face it, we live in a culture that ties our worth to what we own.
So we buy bigger toys. More gifts. Dig deeper into debt.
All in the hopes of making that happy feeling last just a bit longer.
Though present under a tree may cause momentary happiness, do not confuse them with THE REAL THING. Those emotions fade as scuff marks mar the leather purse and new dreams replace the old ones.
PS If you’re missing that joy in your life this Christmas, can I encourage you to recapture the wonder of Christmas morning by unwrapping the names of Jesus one by one? Get a free 7-day Advent devotional right in your inbox. Merry Christmas!
FREE 6-week eCourse: Quiet Time for Busy Women
This is a 6-week eCourse designed to fit your busy life and help you:
- develop a daily devotions habit in just 6 weeks
- grow deeper in your relationship with God in just 15 minutes a day
- find motivation on the days you can’t press on
- embrace creative ways to experience God in this season of life with fun daily assignments
- discover joy, peace, and energy to fulfill your God-given calling